World of Work helps participants to identify what they are looking for in a job, and to recognise and celebrate their own skills. It supports with preparation for CV writing, job applications and interviews; as well as what might be expected in the workplace and how to relate to those you work with.
- Why should I work? How will work benefit me?
- Where do I start and what do I look for in a job? What personal strengths might I have to offer?
- What makes a good job application and CV? What can I offer to a potential employer?
- Why do I need to prepare for an interview? How do I prepare for an interview?
- How will I relate to my colleagues? How will my employer help me and how can I help myself? How will I manage my nerves? What if I make mistakes?
- How can I be a positive communicator in my work place? How will I deal with conflict in the work place?
- Why might a work/life balance be important? How can this be achieved? Where can support be found when work gets hard?
- How do I stay motivated? How do I progress in my job?