Managing My Money looks at why we have money, our attitudes towards money and how we can use it wisely. The course introduces practical topics such as creating a budget, how to read a payslip, and what is meant by debt; as well as exploring themes of identity and status, personal values and self-control.
- Why do we need money and why does it exist? How can money impact our lives?
- How does the media shape our views on money? How might the media impact our spending habits?
- Why and how can money be connected to our status and identity?
- What is meant by self-control? How might it impact our daily decisions? How can we develop self-control in our lives?
- When it comes to money, what do you define as debt? How and why do people get into debt? How can you avoid getting into too much debt?
- How can I use the money I have wisely? How can I save money in order to spend it well?
- What is the point of having a budget? How can I stick to my budget?
- What are taxes for and what do they pay for? What have I learnt in this course?