Navigating Society starts by looking at the differences between communities and society, and what it might mean for us to be a part of both. It explores morals and values, the law and the role of authority, diversity, reputation, handling conflict, leadership and how all of these themes relate to society.
- What makes up a community? What makes up a society? Why might we have an underlying need to belong to a community?
- How do morals and values shape society?
- What is meant by justice and how does it affect society?
- Why and how does conflict occur? Is conflict always a bad thing? How do I handle situations of conflict?
- Why is reputation often to important to an individual? Why can reputation be important in groups?
- Why might differences sometimes cause other to feel threatened and produce conflict? How can we promote diversity within society and celebrate uniqueness?
- Why might we need ‘wise’ leadership in our society? What would you do differently if you were leading a country?
- Why do you think social media is a big part of society? What might the impact of social media be on our communication within society?